Monday, January 27, 2014

Cute Bear and Bunny Pattern Links and My Business!


A new year, a new blog name! I have changed my blog to "Sew Me At Story at Home" - you can find me now at www.sewmeastoryathome.blogspot.com

A lot has happened since I last posted - most significantly, I started a business - Sew Me A Story Embroidery (you can check it out on my website www.sewmeastory.com). I am now the owner of a ten-needle commercial embroidery machine, and I have been busy stitching up logos on polos, sweatshirts and hats, embroidering names on baby blankets and robes, and monogramming bags and hoodies. My poor "regular" sewing machine had been left in the dust!


I finally pulled out my machine last week after I found the cutest *free* bear and bunny patterns online and decided to try sewing them with my 4 year old. The first pattern is "Pete the Bear" by Abby Glassenberg, and you can find it here on her blog, While She Naps.

"Pete the Bear" pattern by Abby Glassenberg of While She Naps

Zoe picked out the "rainbow" fleece fabric, and she colored the pattern while I cut out the pieces to sew together. Then she helped me put it together, pulling the pins out (I stopped the machine for her to do this) as I sewed. She helped turn the arms and legs right side out, and she stuffed the head and body with polyfil until it was "just right". Such a fun project for both of us!


The second pattern is also a free one from Abby, and you can find it here. It's called "Sophia the Bunny", and it sews up into a sweet ball of a bunny that is perfect for cuddling.


"Sophia the Bunny" pattern by Abby Glassenberg of While She Naps

Abby sells a number patterns to make really cute dolls and stuffed animals (or "cuties" as my kids call them). You can find them here in her Etsy shop. Next I think Zoe and I are going to try her "Benji Bumblebee" as part of a special Sew-Along that she is hosting - great for Valentine's Day!

Bee Mine Button



No comments:

Post a Comment